fredag 9 februari 2018

CHICAGO 66233 (-70) UK

As I'm feeling abnormally tired this very early morn my first plan was to more or less copy last week's post on Chicago's debute for this their second album, cause it's the same blend of experimental and melodic, skillfully performed and carrying many memorable moments. Since I haven't listened properly to it for a year or so I took it for a spin and all was exactly as I remembered - like a joyride with a couple of very good friends. And somewhere in there I rediscovered "25 Or 6 To 4". Always liked that song before, but now it became so much more. Suddely it drew me in and I felt like getting a well needed fuel injection. The beautiful melody...hard working drums...elaborate brass and ethereal guitars...braided together to a piece of art...wow and goosebumps everywhere. Played it five times already and only fear of getting evicted made me stop. No clue why it hit me so hard this very moment. Maybe lack of sleep has made me peculiarly impressionable, or it is that good and never really realized it before. In any case it feels fine and now, if the neighbours allow, I must play it just one more time...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar